1/1 Photo of Crab Corn Chowder in Less Than 30 Minutes
luvin spoonful's Note:
This tasty crab chowder is ready in about half hour, and does not require a lot of seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb of pasteurized special crabmeat
- 32 ounces seafood stock
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- 1Roast the peppers. (Place sections of peppers skin side up on low broil for about 10 minutes. When blackened, put in a zip lock bag. After cooling, skins will peel easily.) Set aside.
- 2Proceed to make the chowder:.
- 3Saute garlic & crushed red pepper in olive oil until fragrant, then add the onion and saute until softened.
- 4Add seafood stock and potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are done (about 10 minutes).
- 5Remove half of the chowder and blend. Return to pot.
- 6Add the corn, crab, & roasted red peppers and bring back to a boil for a couple minutes.
- 7Add half and half.
- 8After chowder reheats, serve with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Corn Chowder in Less Than 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 1006.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers