Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious comfort food bisque chowder that is filling and unbelievably yummy!!! One of my top 5 favorite recipes. I learned this from a cooking school.
- 170.09 g pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml celery, finely chopped
- 453.59 g crabmeat, chopped
- 709.77 ml corn
- 473.18 ml whole milk
- 453.59 g red potatoes, scrubbed & cut into 1/2 inch diced cubes
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml chives, minced plus more for garnish
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- In a large saucepan or medium pot, cook pancetta over moderately low heat until crisp. (10 minutes).
- Add onion and celery to pan. Cook over low heat until softened. (12 minutes, do step #3 while you wait).
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree 1 cup corn with 1 cup milk.
- Add corn puree to saucepan along with remaining 2 cups each of corn & milk and the potatoes. Simmer on low heat until potatoes are tender. (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in cream, chives, and crab meat. Season with salt, pepper, & Tabasco and keep warm.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with scallops & chives and serve!