Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious wrapped in tortillas or on its own!
Make and share this Crab Cole Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half rings
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat or 1 lb fresh white crab meat
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce or ground cayenne pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine cabbage, bell pepper, onions, and crab meat and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, mayonnaise, salt and hot sauce.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix until coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yummy! I used purple cabbage, red bell pepper and raspberry wine vinegar... I didn't use the full pound of crab but it was just great! Thanks for the recipe!
This was very good! I used carrots instead of celery (didn't have any)... and added dried dill weed and old bay seasoning. Very tasty!
This is interesting! This recipe is the creation of Justin Wilson, that grand old Southern humorist and chef! The only alteration from the original? Here, there is the almost heretical option of using KRAB! Let's give honest credit where credit is due! I've used his receipt for years . . . perhaps as many as 15, having watched him make this delightful dish on his old PBS TV series, Louisiana Home Grown.