Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The original recipe recomended 1 or 2 per person. Good Luck!
- 1 egg white
- 6 green onions (, green and all)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb boneless sole fillet
- 1⁄4 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 14 crab claws, cooked with pincers intact,shell cut away to expose meat
- vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno
- In a food processor whirl egg white, onion, sherry, ginger, sesame oil and fish and puree until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl and add the crab.
- With a spoon spread an equal portion of puree over the meat on each claw.
- Set aside.
- Pour oil in pan, around 2 inches deep and heat to medium high, 3 or 4 at a time, cook to golden brown, around 4 or 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve when you can handle pincers, or chill overnight and reheat in oven.
- Whisk together lime, soy sauce and jalapeno to dip claws in.