Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family had a summer home at Dillions Beach, California. Just south of Bodega Bay, California. When growing up we ate often in a small Italian settled town called Occidential. Mary Panizzera's Union Hotel was the place where my family and friends would always converge for a big feast, just before Christmas, when the fresh dungeness crabs were available in nearby Bodega Bay.
- 2 large dungeness crabs, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb shark fillets or 1⁄2 lb cod, fresh
- 1⁄4 lb fresh shrimp
- 1 lb steamer clam, in shells
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry marsala or 1 cup dry sherry
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs linguine
- In a large pot brown onion, garlic and parsley in olive oil. When onions are translucent, add tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes.
- Add sherry, mushrooms and seasonings. simmer 15 minutes
- Add shark or ling cod, in two-inch square chunks. Allow to simmer on low heat for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. 20 minutes before serving, add crab, clams and shrimp. Stir pot occasionally. When clams have popped open its done, serve over linguini.