Recipe by Barb G.
Delicious Crab Cioppino, Make sure you have some French Bread to dip into the soup. Serve with a nice green salsd and a good bottle of wine. The recipe comes from a TV station and Sierra Vista Vineyards. Enjoy
Top Review by lynne_fraser
neighbour emptied his crab traps last night and we were the lucky recipients of his catch. Was looking for a new recipe and stumbled upon this gem which was loaded with our favourite ingredients ... amazing! Served it with Spinach & Caramelized Almond With Mandarin Orange Salad and fresh bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons marjoram leaves, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 dungeness crabs, cooked,cleaned and cracked real good
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in 6-quart pan over medium high heat, When oil ripples and is fragrant, add onion and garlic.
- Saute until translucent.
- Add spices, stir one minute till fragrant.
- Add broth, wine and tomato paste, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes to blend flavors, adjust seasonings.
- Soup may be made ahead to this point.
- Break Crabs apart and clean, Cut body in fourths and crack legs.
- Add to hot soup and simmer until Hot.
- (about 7 to 10 minutes).