Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from a member here at Zaar. This was her original description: "My daughter begged to take this recipe to school for her birthday party treat rather than cupcakes when she was six! The teachers asked me to make a separate batch for them the next time. We've been eating it every chance we get for the last twenty years. Given to me by a co-worker years' ago."
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sharp cheddar cheese (I use Kraft Old English)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 -12 ounces crabmeat, not imitation
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 loaf crispy crusted French bread, cut into serving chunks (robustly sized not daintily sized)
- Soften cream cheese.
- Blend the cheeses together.
- Add seasonings.
- Add crab and white wine.
- Heat and serve in a fondue pot with accompanying bread for dipping.
- May be doubled but do not double wine.
We loved it! I even used canned lump crab, and used chicken broth instead of wine (just because we don't like the wine taste in fondue personally). It was all gone in no time! Fantastic and easy!
Huge hit at my parent's 50th Anniversary Party! I had so many people want the recipe. Super easy and super delish! I will make this over and over again!