Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adopted this recipe from a member here at Zaar. This was her original description: "My daughter begged to take this recipe to school for her birthday party treat rather than cupcakes when she was six! The teachers asked me to make a separate batch for them the next time. We've been eating it every chance we get for the last twenty years. Given to me by a co-worker years' ago."
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sharp cheddar cheese (I use Kraft Old English)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 -12 ounces crabmeat, not imitation
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 loaf crispy crusted French bread, cut into serving chunks (robustly sized not daintily sized)
- Soften cream cheese.
- Blend the cheeses together.
- Add seasonings.
- Add crab and white wine.
- Heat and serve in a fondue pot with accompanying bread for dipping.
- May be doubled but do not double wine.