Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had this casserole at Girtles restuarant in Seaside Oregon, if you get the chance to go there I highly recommend it. The food is WONDERFUL and Seaside is a beautiful and friendly little town. The owner of Girtles was kind enough to give me their recipe, I called him after many failed attempts to find a duplicate.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 tablespoon lowerys 17 seasoning
- 1 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crabmeat
- combine heavy cream, chicken base and 17 seasoning in a sautee pan and bring to a boil over med heat stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and allow sauce to thicken and add cheese stir until melted.
- Pour half the sauce mixture in an au gratin bowl.
- Add crabmeat (I estimated on the amount of crab above adjust to your taste).
- Pour remaining sauce over the top add more cheddar and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 min.
- Serve with garlic bread.
The creamy sauce is a superb accompaniment to the crab making this a truly spectacular dish! I couldn't find any Lawry's 17 seasoning at the store and as I was not sure what the seasonings in it are, I substituted an equal amount of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. This was greatly enjoyed by all the family. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!