Recipe by Jug O'Mud
I received this recipe by "accident" from work when, one day, I found it filed in my fax inbox. It was originally intended for a co-worker who was requesting recipes for a church cookbook she was putting together. I don't know if it ever made it into that cookbook, but it did manage to secure a page in mine. This is a quick and easy dish to make from start to finish...especially for those busy weeknights. You might also like this, served warm or cold, as a "dip," or cracker topping. Topped on a Ritz, it makes for a good snack or light lunch.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crumbed
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (or amount as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 8 ingredients together and mix well. If you prefer, you can also mix in a bit of the cheese, BUT make sure you leave enough to cover casserole for topping!
- Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.