1/3 Photos of Crab Cakes With Whole Grain Mustard Remoulade
I had crab cakes at a local restaurant here (Shucks Oyster Bar) and tried desperately to get their recipe. After several email, phone, and in person attempts, I decided to try and recreate these fabulous cakes. With luck, I was able to perfect the cakes as well as the Remoulade. The pictures posted are before and after sautéing the cakes in olive oil. The after pictures were smaller cakes as I decided to make these as an appetizer for this Thanksgiving. I made them, cooled in the fridge, froze in freezer, then food savered them to have throughout the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat (fresh or canned)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I use Italian seasoned)
- 3 green onions (finely chopped both green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Whole Grain Mustard Remoulade
- 1For Crab Cakes:.
- 2Mix all ingredients, except flour and oil in a large bowl.
- 3Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- 4NOTE: Can be frozen at this point.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, and fry until browned.
- 7About 4- 5 minutes.
- 8Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- 9Serve with Whole Grain Mustard Remoulade or favorite sauce.
- 11For Whole Grain Mustard Remoulade:.
- 12Combine all ingredients and serve with cakes.
- 14If cakes were frozen, heat in 350°F oven until desired warmness is achieved (approx 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Whole Grain Mustard Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.7
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 1630.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g