1/8 Photos of Crab Cakes With Thai Sweet Chili Sauce & Marinated Cucumber
This is the recipe I made while on our Holland America Panama Canal cruise. There was a Culinary Arts Class, In groups we made a full meal, my group made these delicious crab cakes and sauce and marinated cucumbers. It was sooo fun and our efforts were served to us in the Pinnacle Restaurant on board the Statendam cruise ship. The menu was: Starter - Dungeness crab cakes with Thai sweet chili sauce and marinated cucumbers. Main course - Chicken with fresh apricots, ginger and cracked almonds - served with a custard sauce. (Vegetables on the side) Two Desserts - Grand Marnier Chocolate volcano cake or Vanilla souffle Several choices of white and red wines. It was a wonderful experience, the instructor was the Executive Chef of the Pinnacle
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/3 onion, finely diced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup dungeness crabmeat, picked over and well drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, more as needed (or bread crumbs)
- salt and black pepper
THAI SWEET CHILI SAUCE
- 1/2 ounce ginger, fresh minced
- 1/4 ounce garlic, minced
- 1/2 fluid ounce white wine vinegar
- 2 fluid ounces lime juice, fresh
- 12 fluid ounces sake
- 4 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 12 fluid ounces unsalted butter, cold and cut in chunks
- 2 fluid ounces Thai sweet chili sauce
- salt and white pepper
- 1CRAB CAKES.
- 2Mix all ingredients well and adjust seasoning to taste. Use icecream scoop to shape into cakes; bread with panco crumbs.
- 3Place cakes on sheet pans sprinkled with dry panko crumbs; wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- 4THAI SWEET CHILI SAUCE.
- 5In a heavy sauce pan over medium high heat, combine ginger, garlic, vinegar, lime juice and sake. Reduce to a light syrup (90%), add cream and reduce to 60% over medium heat, being careful not to scorch. Reduce heat to low and gradually whip in the cold butter chunks. Whisk in chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- 6MARINATED CUCUMBERS.
- 7Mix all the ingredientes together bring to a boil, remove from heat and chill.
- 9Saute crab cakes in a non stick saute pan until golden on each side and heated through; drain on paper towels.
- 10Arrange crab cakes on plate, drizzle with chili sauce.
- 11Pile high with marinated cucumbers, sprinkle with chopped chives; or alternately serve the marinated cucumbers beside the crab cakes on the plate.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Thai Sweet Chili Sauce & Marinated Cucumber
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 3934.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar