Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Panko gives these crab cakes an irresistibly crisp coating. Chilling the crab cake mixture helps them hold their shape as they cook
- 1⁄4 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons shallots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the crab cakes, combine first seven ingredients. Gently fold in crabmeat.
- Gently stir in 3/4C Panko. Cover and CHILL 30 MINUTES.
- Form patties (8 about 1/2C each) after removing mixture from fridge.
- Place remaing Pankoin a shallow dish. Dredge one patty at a time in the panko. Repeat.
- Heat oil in skillet. Coat each side of the patties with cooking spray. Cook on medium high heat for 7 minutes per each side or until golden.
- THe prepare the sauce combine the broth, shallots, and vinegar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil -- cook until reduced to 1/4C (about 4 minutes); remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve with cakes and roasted veggies -- yyuumm.