Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Panko gives these crab cakes an irresistibly crisp coating. Chilling the crab cake mixture helps them hold their shape as they cook
- 1⁄4 red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons shallots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- To prepare the crab cakes, combine first seven ingredients. Gently fold in crabmeat.
- Gently stir in 3/4C Panko. Cover and CHILL 30 MINUTES.
- Form patties (8 about 1/2C each) after removing mixture from fridge.
- Place remaing Pankoin a shallow dish. Dredge one patty at a time in the panko. Repeat.
- Heat oil in skillet. Coat each side of the patties with cooking spray. Cook on medium high heat for 7 minutes per each side or until golden.
- THe prepare the sauce combine the broth, shallots, and vinegar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil -- cook until reduced to 1/4C (about 4 minutes); remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve with cakes and roasted veggies -- yyuumm.