1/1 Photo of Crab Cakes With Spicy Thai Sauce
We love crab cakes...the sauce makes this variation divine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces cooked crabmeat, picked over
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1 large egg white, whisked till frothy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black sesame seeds or 1 1/2 teaspoons regular sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1For cakes: Mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Mix in enough breadcrumbs to form stiff mixture.
- 3Shape mixture into sixteen ¼-inch-thick patties.
- 4(Can be prepared ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 5For sauce: Combine rice vinegar, sugar, lime juice, water, red pepper, garlic and sesame seeds in small bowl; stir until sugar dissolves.
- 6Mix in cucumber.
- 7Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to allow flavours to blend.
- 8Preheat oven to 250°F Melt 1 tblsp butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- 9Working in batches, add crab cakes and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side, adding more butter to skillet as necessary.
- 10Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 11Transfer to baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- 12Divide crab cakes among 8 plates.
- 13Spoon sauce around cakes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Spicy Thai Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 477.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g