Leslie in Texas's Note:
This old favorite is transformed in texture and flavor by the addition of scallops and shrimp. The crabcakes are served with Spicy Remoulade. From a September 1988 issue of Bon Appetit magazine in a "Cooking Class" feature. Chilling time for crabcake mixture is not included in prep time. This will serve 10 as an appetizer or first course or about 5 as an entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb scallops (chilled)
- 1/4 lb uncooked shrimp (chilled, peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked crabmeat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- remoulade sauce
- chopped tomato
- whole chives
- 1Puree scallops and shrimp in processor for 2 minutes,stopping once to scrape down sides of bowl.
- 2Blend in cream,yolk,mustard,snipped chives and cayenne; transfer to bowl and fold in crabmeat.
- 3Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- 4Using floured hands, divide crab mixture into 10 portions.
- 5Pat each into 1/2-inch-thick round; sprinkle both sides with paprika.
- 6Heat thin layer of oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add crab cakes and cook until golden brown and firm,about 3 minutes per side; do not overcook.
- 8Spoon remoulade onto plates, top with crab cakes , garnish with tomatoes and chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Spicy Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (646 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 245.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard