Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from The New Irish Table. The sauce may be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml flat leaf parsley, minced
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 2.46 ml fresh lemon juice
- 226.79 g lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml flat leaf parsley, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh tarragon
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59-473.18 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- Combine sauce ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine crabmeat, egg, mayonnaise, onion, apple, parsley, tarragon, hot sauce, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir until well-blended.
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the sauce separately.