Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The New Irish Table. The sauce may be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine crabmeat, egg, mayonnaise, onion, apple, parsley, tarragon, hot sauce, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir until well-blended.
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the sauce separately.