Abby Girl's Note:
These crab cakes are a bit of work....but they are worth every bite. I had leftovers for lunch the next day and they still were excellent. I used Panko japanese breadcrums as these gave the cakes a bit of a crunch. The recipe can be cut in half
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Red Chili Mayonnaise
- 1Red Chili Mayonnaise: Mix mayonnaise, chili-garlic sauce, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate chili mayonnaise.
- 2Crab Cakes: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, celery, onion, and jalapeno; sauté 3 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- 3Mix in crab, egg, 1/2 cup chili mayonnaise, and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, then 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs. Form crab mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick cakes, using 1/2 cup for each. (Note: be careful not to add too much liquid to the cakes or they won't come together).
- 4Dredge cakes in remaining 3 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, turning to coat. Place on baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- 5Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add crab cakes and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer to plates. Serve, passing remaining chili mayonnaise separately.
- 7Note: I don't normally enjoy fried foods so I bake for about 15-20 mins in 400 degree oven then broil each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Leftovers (if any) make great sandwiches with whole wheat english muffins.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Red Chili Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 1191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: