Recipe from Chef Aristides Rivas at Cafe Mundial in Monrovia, CA.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat, shredded (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons finely-minced carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup minced green onion
- 1/2 large baked potato, peeled, and mashed lightly
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Combine the crab meat, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, carrot, lime juice, green onions, potato, cilantro, soy sauce and bread crumbs.
- 3Form into patties about 3 inches in diameter.
- 4Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook half the patties until they're golden brown on one side, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Remove them to a baking sheet.
- 6Cook the remaining patties and add them to the baking sheet.
- 7Bake the crab cakes until they're heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 8Serve with Mustard Sauce.
- 9Can be served with vegetables and potatoes as an entree or on a small bed of mango and papaya as an appetizer.
- 10For the Mustard Sauce:
- 11Cook the garlic and shallots in the butter over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 12Add the wine and clam juice and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- 13Add the cream and continue to cook until the sauce is again reduced by half, 10 minutes.
- 14Add the Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- 15Cook for 1 minute and strain.
- 16Stir in the whole-grain mustard and serve.
- 17Makes about 3/4 cup.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.8
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 1343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.3 g