Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Crab Cake recipe along with other recipes, resources, and information on crab cakes is available at www.crabcakeguy.com.
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups canola oil (for deep frying)
- Combine all ingredients except scallions. Mix well. Add sliced scallions and mix.
- Form into small balls and then flatten a bit.
- In a high sided sauce pan, heat oil to 325°F.
- Fry the crab balls for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve on a platter, with toothpicks and the mustard aioli.