This recipe is on the box of Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs. The mayonnaise is much better if made the day before making crab cakes. The crab cakes are moist and crisp.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use fat free salad dressing.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 6 -8 drops red hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons fat-free salad dressing
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg (I use egg substitute.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Mix the ingredients for the mayonnaise and set aside.
- If making day before, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix 1 cup of the corn flake crumbs with remainder of ingredients for crab cakes.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and form into cakes.
- Place the remaining crumbs in shallow dish and dip cakes into crumbs turning to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in heavy skillet and saute crab cakes until browned and cooked through about 4 to 5 minutes per side turning once.
- Add additional oil as needed to keep the crab cakes from sticking.
- Serve topped with the cilantro mayonnaise.