Prep 30 mins
Cook 36 mins
These can be made ahead and frozen. From Cooking Light November 2006
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- CRAB CAKES: Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently just until mixture is combined and will hold a shape.
- Divide mixture into 30 equal portions (about 2 tablespoons each), shaping each into a 2-inch patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add 8 patties; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place patties on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining patties.
- Cover patties with plastic wrap, and freeze until firm.
- Place in zip-top plastic bags; freeze up to 3 months.
- TO BAKE: Thaw cakes overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; place patties on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- SAUCE: Combine chives and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with crab cakes.