Crab Cakes With Chardonnay Cream Sauce
- Boil wine and leeks (or green onions) in heavy, medium saucepan until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat and add cream; simmer until liquid is reduced to sauce consistency (about 10 minutes). Season to taste with salt & pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- In large bowl, mix crabmeat, 1/2 cup crushed potato chips, bread crumbs and next 7 ingredients until well blended. Using 1/4 cupful of crabmeat for each cake, form mixture into 16 (2-1/2 inch diameter) cakes. Place remaining potato chips in shallow dish. Press each cake into chips, turning to coat evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add crab cakes to skillet and cook until golden brown and heated through, adding more oil as necessary, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer crab cakes to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- How to plate: Place 2 crab cakes on each plate; spoon sauce around crab cakes and then serve immediately.
- NOTE: You can prepare the crab mixture and form the crab cakes, and make the sauce, 6 hours ahead. Cover sauce and crab cakes separately and refrigerate. Re-warm sauce and fry crab cakes just before serving.