Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really like the vinigrette for these crab cakes. I think it would be great with the regular ones also.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 lb fresh crab, , picked over
- 1 cup chopped daikon sprouts
- 4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (go with progresso dry fine if needed)
- 1 cup sliced radicchio
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, mixed with the ginger
- For vinaigrette whisk all ingredients together.
- For the Crab Cakes---------------.
- In a medium pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add red and green pepper and saute for about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine crab, peppers, sprouts.
- cilantro, radicchio and carrots.
- Add 1/2 cup of the dry breadcrumbs, the fresh breadcrumbs and enough ginger mayo to get the ingredients to just stick together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the crab into 8 patties and lightly coat with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- In a large fry pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, saute the crab cakes until golden-around 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- To serbe whisk the vinaigrette again and drizzle on 4 or 8 plates-place one or two cakes on each plate.
*Sauce review, only* OH MY, this sauce is delightful! Thanks for steering me to your recipe Dib's. I halved the recipe and it was plenty for the two of us. The kids were not as adventurous. It was perfect with the crab cakes we were gifted with.
Wonderful. The sauce makes it.