Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is absolutely fab!! Recipe courtesy George Stella
- 1 lb blue crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon small diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon small diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon heavy mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maryland-style crab boil seasoning (recommended ( Old Bay)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except oil and Mustard Sauce until blended. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. With a tablespoon, carefully spoon poker-chip size mini-cakes into the pan. (The batter will be very loose since there are no bread crumbs, but once the egg in the mix starts to cook they will hold together fine.) Cook on 1 side until firm, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook for about 1 more minute. Cook in batches as necessary. Serve hot with mustard sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As far as low-carb recipes go this was good. They were a little difficult to cook. The mix wasn't binded together very well so the cakes fell apart a little bit while they were cooking. But still tastey.