1/3 Photos of Crab Cakes
These are the best crab cakes I've ever eaten. I got the recipe from Cuisine magazine. Every time I make them I hear alot of oohs and ahhs and requests for the recipe. There's a local family-owned restaurant in town known for their crabcakes. My teenage niece said they were the only crabcakes she likes, until she tried these. These are even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup scallion, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1Sautee the red pepper, celery, and onion in the butter 5 minute.
- 2or until tender.
- 3Cool slightly.
- 4In a bowl, combine all the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT crabmeat.
- 5Combine sauteed vegetables with mixture.
- 6Pick through crabmeat for shells or cartlidge.
- 7Using your fingers, gently blend the crab into the mixture.
- 8This helps preserve the large pieces of crab.
- 9Shape crab mixture into cakes.
- 10Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 11I've made the the day before and left in frig overnight.
- 12Broil cakes for 3-4 minute.
- 13or until browned.
- 14Turn them over carefully.
- 15I use a spatula and my fingers so they don't fall apart.
- 16Broil other side for 3-4 minute.
- 17I place them on a platter and garnish with parsley and lemon.
- 18I serve cocktail sauce and tartar sauce with them.
- 19I've also made the cakes much smaller and served them as appetizers.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning