Recipe by Witch Doctor
This is another recipe that I know not from whence it came. I do know it is Cajun or Creole because that's where I had it filed!
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except crab meat and saltine crackers.
- Mix ingredients very well, then add saltine crackers and blend inches.
- Next add crab meat and gently fold into mixture.
- Note: Do not over mix because crab meat will break apart.
- Crab cakes should be made into balls 4, 6 or 8 oz.
- They are best pan fried in vegetable oil over medium heat, turning as they become golden brown.