Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Tyler Florence's "Ultimate Crab Cakes"
Make and share this Crab Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a 2-count of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Dump that into a bowl and fold in the crabmeat, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg white, lime juice, and cilantro, salt and pepper, mixing just until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into 6 crab cakes. 2" Hockey Puck.
- Put them on a plate, cover, and stick them in the refrigerator to chill (30 minutes).
- To serve, heat a 3-count of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for about 4 minutes each side until nice and crisp.
I made this last night and I did use some Old Bay seasoning (1/2 1tbls) and my DH and friends enjoyed them! I did leave them in the fridge for about an hour. I didn't see the cilantro listed in the ingredients but in the instructions you have it listed to add to the mixture. Since I didn't have any I left it out. Made for Fall PAC2009.