Recipe by Rhonda O
My husband and I love crab cakes. Try this Recipe from-Better Home and Gardens-Holiday Appetizers. Love It!
Top Review by Bertha C.
This was very good and definately a "make again." I must make bigger patties than normal. I made "hamburger size" patties and doubled the recipe in order to have enough to feed my family of 5. Thanks Rhonda for the treat.
- 6 ounces cooked crabmeat, cut into bite-size pieces or 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, 1/4 cup of the crushed potato chips, coconut, green onion, mayonnaise or salad dressing, parsley, and coriander in mixing bowl.
- Stir in crabmeat; mix well.
- Shape into 12 patties 1/2 inch.
- Coat patties with remaining crushed potato chips.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add crab patties.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve immediately with Herb Sauce.
- Herb Sauce- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to mellow.