Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband and I love crab cakes. Try this Recipe from-Better Home and Gardens-Holiday Appetizers. Love It!
- 6 ounces cooked crabmeat, cut into bite-size pieces or 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Combine egg, 1/4 cup of the crushed potato chips, coconut, green onion, mayonnaise or salad dressing, parsley, and coriander in mixing bowl.
- Stir in crabmeat; mix well.
- Shape into 12 patties 1/2 inch.
- Coat patties with remaining crushed potato chips.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add crab patties.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve immediately with Herb Sauce.
- Herb Sauce- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to mellow.
This was very good and definately a "make again." I must make bigger patties than normal. I made "hamburger size" patties and doubled the recipe in order to have enough to feed my family of 5. Thanks Rhonda for the treat.
Rhonda O, the crab cakes are wonderful! The sauce was too tame for us, but that's an easy fix! : ) As my husband needs gluten-free, this was a welcome find. Thank you!
This was a wonderful recipie. My hubby & I both loved the flavor. You could actually taste the crab. So many crab cake recipies taste like bread crumbs. Not this one. I did not use the coconut & I didn't make the sauce. I am sure they would be a welcome addition to the meal but they honestly don't need them. I would like to warn you that I ended up using more chips to coat with than the recipie called for. Also, The crab mixture is very moist before the final coating of chips and I wondered if I had done some thing wrong but I just coated in the chips and put into the hot oil and everything worked out wonderful. Thanks for the recipie & hope everone likes it as much as I do.