Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Diabetic friendly. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat, flaked (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 large eggs, beaten or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs or 1 1⁄2 pieces white bread, finely crumbled
- 1 small lemon, cut in wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick pan spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, mustard, margarine, egg, lemon juice, Worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and pepper sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs; mix well.
- If time permits, chill for an hour or more.
- Shape the crab mixture into 4 patties about 3/4 inch thick (use about 1/2 cup mixture for each).
- Pat the remaining bread crumbs on all surfaces of the crab cakes; place the cakes on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning the cakes midway through the cooking time.
These were terrific crab cakes! I did let the mixture chill for a couple of hours and was really worried when I began to make the cakes, as they didn't seem to be holding their shape. No worries tho, they baked up perfectly - nice and brown and crispy. The dijon flavor was perfect with these. I served them with Kiwifruit Salsa and it was a fresh and wonderful meal - thanks for sharing!