1/1 Photo of Crab Cakes
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
Diabetic friendly. Serve with lemon wedges.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, flaked (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 large eggs, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs or 1 1/2 pieces white bread, finely crumbled
- 1 small lemon, cut in wedges
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick pan spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, mustard, margarine, egg, lemon juice, Worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and pepper sauce.
- 4Add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs; mix well.
- 5If time permits, chill for an hour or more.
- 6Shape the crab mixture into 4 patties about 3/4 inch thick (use about 1/2 cup mixture for each).
- 7Pat the remaining bread crumbs on all surfaces of the crab cakes; place the cakes on the prepared cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning the cakes midway through the cooking time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.9 mg
- Sodium 455.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 15.3 g