Recipe by Eileen C.
Almost all crabmeat. The sweetness of the crabmeat stands out. I don't recommend frying because they may fall apart. I usually make 6 medium size, but you could also make small ones for an appetizer.
Top Review by Chef Connie #3
These were FANTASTIC! I broiled instead of baking or frying and they came out perfectly. This is just the kind of simple crabcake recipe I've been searching for. I'll make these again and again. Thanks for a great recipe eileen0862!
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb (can substitute dry)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Pick thru crabmeat to remove any shells and put in large bowl.
- Add onion & butter, 1/2 C breadcrumbs & Old Bay seasoning to crabmeat and mix gently.
- Form Patties of desired size. Press together gently to hold shape. Mixture is soft and falls apart easily.
- Carefully dip in milk/egg mixture and cover completely in breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400 for 10 - 15 minutes.