Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favorite appetizer
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat or 4 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 3 tablespoons oil
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Mix together the egg, bread crumbs, may, scallion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper in a med bowl. Fold in the crabmeat. Use your hands to form the mixture into 8 balls, then press into small patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for 3 to 4 mins on each side, until deep golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot, passing lemon wedges and tartar sauce at the table.