1 hr 25 mins
In response to a recipe request. Found this recipe in Gourmet Magazine
My Private Note
Crab ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves (flat-leafed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- tarragon tartar sauce, as an accompaniment/ recipe posted separately
- lemon wedge, as an accompaniment
- 1In a bowl whisk together the butter, the eggs, the sour cream, the parsley, the lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce, the paprika, the salt, and the cayenne and stir in the crab meat and the bread crumbs gently.
- 2Form 1/2-cup measures of the mixture into twelve 3/4-inch-thick cakes and transfer the crab cakes as they are formed to a baking sheet sprinkled with half the cornmeal.
- 3Sprinkle the crab cakes with the remaining cornmeal and chill them, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 4In a large heavy skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it sauti the crab cakes in batches, turning them once, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden, transferring them as they are cooked to paper towels to drain.
- 5Keep the crab cakes warm on another baking sheet in a 200 degree oven.
- 6Serve the crab cakes with the tarragon tartar sauce and the lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.9
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 281.3 mg
- Sodium 1095.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 43.8 g