Recipe by Lali
These are pretty quick to make and good.
Top Review by Shirley 39
Not bad taste but they don't hold together very well when cooking. Second time I made them I refrigerated them for an hour before frying thinking that would help, but it didn't. The sauce calls for 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper, get the fire extingusher, way tooooo hot. I cut it down to 1 and still hot. There is another recipe (96018) that is same as this and sauce calls for 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and they say to freeze for an hour. Will use it next time so I can have some sauce and hope the cakes stay together.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb crabmeat, shredded and picked over
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set bread crumbs aside; combine crab meat, peppers, onion, egg, garlic, cayenne, mustard, Miracle Whip and Worcestershire together until mixed well.
- Form mixture into 3-ounce cakes.
- Roll each cake in bread crumbs.
- Sauté on medium heat until each cake is golden brown and heated through.
- Serve with sauce.
- In a small bowl combine Miracle Whip, mustard, honey and cayenne and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.