Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
In 'Quesadillas' by Donna Kelly
- 8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat, well drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas (white or wheat)
- Toss crabmeat, lemon juice, bell pepper, celery, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl; taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Lay 4 tortillas on the counter and spread 1/3 cup cheese over each.
- Spread 1 cup crab mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle another 1/3 cup cheese over top.
- Slide one of the cheese-covered tortillas into a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Place one of the remaining tortillas on top.
- Press down with a wide spatula to remove any air pockets.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes, checking frequently, until bottom tortilla is crisp and browned.
- Turn over, cover, and cook 1-2 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- Repeat this process for remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.