Recipe by Nadia Melkowits
Easy and quick to prepare these are on the top of the list for my favorite hors d'oeuvres.
- 6 small portabella mushrooms
- 177.44 ml finely chopped red onion
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning
- 2 (368.54 g) can crabmeat, drained
- 1.23 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms ; set caps aside. In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients minus the the olive oil. Gently stir in crab and onion mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 cup crab mixture into each mushroom cap; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.