Recipe by FoodExplorer
I'm not saying this is perfected in the least, and the ingredients are approximates, but I threw this together for hubby's dinner and he loved it! It's a crab cake sort of filling in a baked potato shell, so I guess crab cake twice baked potato might also be a good name for it. If you try it, I hope you like it! Note: you could add horseradish to the mixture as well, if you so desire!
- 1 good size potato, baked
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use Smart Balance Light)
- 1⁄8 cup crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub, then bake the potato in the microwave, about five minutes.
- While potato is baking, chop crabmeat into small pieces; add mayo, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper (and horseradish, if you like; could also use sour cream in there as well).
- Mix the crab mixture well.
- When potato is done cooking, cut out top portion, scooping out insides of potato (leave about 1/4" potato to help shell remain stable) and placing them into the crab mixture bowl.
- Mush the potato into the crab mixture, stirring well.
- Melt 1 rounded tablespoons butter and stir into crab and potato mixture.
- Pile crab and potato mixture into empty potato shell.
- Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
- Bake at 350* for about 15 minutes, or until potato chips start to brown.