Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not saying this is perfected in the least, and the ingredients are approximates, but I threw this together for hubby's dinner and he loved it! It's a crab cake sort of filling in a baked potato shell, so I guess crab cake twice baked potato might also be a good name for it. If you try it, I hope you like it! Note: you could add horseradish to the mixture as well, if you so desire!
- 1 good size potato, baked
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use Smart Balance Light)
- 1⁄8 cup crushed potato chips
- Scrub, then bake the potato in the microwave, about five minutes.
- While potato is baking, chop crabmeat into small pieces; add mayo, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper (and horseradish, if you like; could also use sour cream in there as well).
- Mix the crab mixture well.
- When potato is done cooking, cut out top portion, scooping out insides of potato (leave about 1/4" potato to help shell remain stable) and placing them into the crab mixture bowl.
- Mush the potato into the crab mixture, stirring well.
- Melt 1 rounded tablespoons butter and stir into crab and potato mixture.
- Pile crab and potato mixture into empty potato shell.
- Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
- Bake at 350* for about 15 minutes, or until potato chips start to brown.
Very good tasting baked potato, used sour cream instead of horseradish. Will make again. Made for PAC Spring 08.
wow ive been searching for a good stuffed potato recipe and this one sounds the best i cant wait to try it! i love the approxamity of the measurments so i can make the decisions, thank you!