Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe by Rob Rainford is super easy - it is made with canned crab meat and uses products found in most pantries. Please note that the refrigeration time is included in the cooking time.
Top Review by dolores in paradise
Have never made crab cakes.And don't think I will again.Perhaps with real crab they would be better.But had 2 cans of crab in pantry, so thought I would try this.I'm sure this is a good recipe for others.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the crab meat in a bowl and add 1 cup of the breadcrumbs; reserve the remaining 1/2 cup.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Coat each of the patties in the reserved breadcrumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat the grill to 375 degrees F.
- Oil the grill well.
- Grill the burgers for 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve topped with Dijonnaise, fresh sprouts and avocado slices.