Recipe by twissis
We have some definite themes goin on here as I wind down entering my treasure trove of long-lost & newly found recipes. Here's another breakfast dish using Brie that seems to warrant a spec brunch occasion for 4 in my book. Times were estimated. Enjoy!
Top Review by Outta Here
What a treat! Two of our favorites in one omelet. I used fresh crab meat. I think this will become a holiday tradition. (We do a lot of seafood at Christmastime). Easy and still fancy enough for our Saturday before Christmas supper (after a day out walking around and NOT shopping :) )
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 8 ounces crabmeat (fresh or canned, cleaned of all debris & divided in half)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced & divited in half)
- 6 ounces brie cheese (rind removed, cut in sml pieces & divided in half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk 1st 4 ingredients in lrg bowl to blend. Melt 1 tbsp butter in 10-in flame-proof non-stick omelette pan over med-high heat.
- Pour 1/2 of egg mixture into pan & cook till almost set, tilting pan & lifting egg mixture w/rubber spatula to allow uncooked portion to run underneath (about 1-2 min).
- Spoon 1/2 of crab over rt half of omelet. Sprinkle 1/2 of green onions & 1/2 of cheese over crab. Season w/salt & pepper.
- Place pan under broiler til cheese begins to melt & egg is almost cooked (about 15-20 seconds).
- Fold lt side of omelet over filling. Slide omelet onto plate & keep warm.
- Wipe pan w/paper towel & repeat Steps 3-6 w/rest of ingredients, forming 2 omelets. Serve omelets immediately.