Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Delicious little Appetizer thats quick and easy. No one can eat just one!
- 2 boxes chicken stuffing mix
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 lb finley shredded crabmeat, real or 1 lb imitation crabmeat (To shred crab meat,Celery & Onions I Use a Food Processor.)
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard (not the Liquid!)
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning (Must Use Old Bay for it to taste right!)
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (I use Emeril's Bamm! -- It's not enough to make it Hot but you need to use it to have the right flav)
- 2 boxes shake n bake chicken coating mix (or generic is fine too. I use Extra Crispy for Chicken.)
- Mix all ingredients except the Shake n Bake.
- Let the mixture stand until the moisture is absorbed and its soft enough to roll in your hands.
- (If mixture is too thin add crushed ritz crackers or bread crumbs, but wait until liquid is absorbed to add anything and if mixture is too thick I add a little more salad dressing!) Roll mixture into quarter size balls or larger, and then roll the balls into the Shake n Bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 400* (Makes 75 to 100 quarter size appetizers.).
- Serve them hot, or at room temperature.
- **Somepeople like to dip them in Cocktail Sauce, but I like them plain.
Excellent recipe - easy to follow and turns out well. I used real crabmeat and won raves for this at a company function. thanks.