Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is absolutely wonderful. I changed the recipe to smaller slices of French bread and spread the crab filling on the top. Heat and serve as appetizer or with a soup for lunch.
- 2 cans crabmeat, minced
- 8 ounces American cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- mayonnaise, to bind
- 1 loaf French bread (or two small loaves)
- Mix all ingredients with enough mayonnaise to make it moist.
- Scoop out the center of the French bread loaf and fill with the crab filling.
- Bake in 350F oven until the cheese melts.
Lovely and tasty. I have made it twice. the first time I put it on toast and grilld it. The second time I added some paprika to it which gave a bit of a bite. I used part baked rolls cut in half which cooked at the same time as the topping
I made these for New Years Eve for our get together, the comments were...GREAT, VERY GOOD, EXCELLENT! I sliced up the french bread and topped it with this, very easy and I got about 50 but I used the smaller french loaf. THANKS.
I tried this both ways that she suggested and I liked it better on individual slices of french bread. Very very good. Debbie