Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Okay, so I thought of this after watching the next Iron Chef. John Besh's crab meat BLT was a bit more extravagant than this version, I think mine might be more "homey". Any kind of bread can be used for this as long as it's 1/2 inch think and toasted. As for the bacon I think plain old hickory smoked works for me.
- 1 tablespoon prepared mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces crabmeat
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices bread, toasted (any type no bigger then 1/2 thick)
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes (use your favorite type)
- 4 slices cooked bacon (i like it crumbled)
- # In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and lemon juice until well combined.
- Gently fold in crab; season with salt and pepper.
- Place one slice of the toasted bread on a work surface.
- Top with lettuce, crab salad, bacon and tomato slices In that order.
- Sandwich with remaining slice of bread.
- Serve immediately.