Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another crab recipe from the Pacific NW, these are always a hit at parties. You can freeze them for instant appetizers when you have unexpected company. From busycooks.about.com.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 (4 ounce) jars Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 12 English muffins
- Soften butter and cheese spread at room temperature.
- Mix together well in mixer with seasonings.
- Fold in crab meat and spread on English muffin halves.
- Cut with a sharp knife into four sections and freeze (they cut easier if they're slightly frozen first).
- Flash freeze individually on a cookie sheet until frozen.
- Package in freezer bags and store in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Heat in oven 10 to 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
makes a great weekend snack, I used imitation crabmeat and that worked fine, also added in some Old Bay seasoning, thanks lazyme!...Kitten :)