Recipe by pammyowl
"This light and spicy tomato crab bisque is one of my all-time favorite emergency recipes. It's easy to shop for, requires very little effort, and only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to pull off.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old BayÂ )
- 4 cups ready-to-serve creamy tomato soup
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 8 ounces fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 pinch salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine green onion, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until onion is slightly softened, 2 minutes.
- Stir tomato soup into saucepan; increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Stir in cayenne pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in crabmeat; cook, stirring occasionally, until crab is cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Whisk cream with a pinch of seafood seasoning until light and frothy, about 30 seconds. Ladle bisque into bowls and stir in a teaspoon of frothy cream.