Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick corn and crab bisque. Wonderful on a cold night when your in a hurry! Easily doubled, leftovers freeze well.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper, freshly ground
- 9 ounces imitation crabmeat, chunks
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT crabmeat in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until hot approximately 10-15 minutes, but do not overheat or it will scorch!
- Add crab and heat through. Remove bay leaf before serving.
My family ate this twice in one week because we loved it so much! I doubled the recipe plus an extra 8 oz of crab, added 4oz. of Neufchatel Cream Cheese, and a 4oz block of cheddar (shredded). Also, I liked it better when I just pureed 2 cans of corn in my food processor (never liked creamed corn). Also, I sprinkled in some Old Bay to kick it up a notch. My 18 month old even loved it (minus the Old Bay).
Quick and easy, I used half milk and half and half fo a more creamy taste also added in some cayenne pepper, thanks for sharing Brooke my DH enjoyed this!
This was not awesome but alright. I added Old Bay seasoning as someone else had suggested. I used mock crab and 2% milk since that's what I had on hand. It was very easy and quick so I will probably make this again in a pinch.