Top Review by iceprincesskat
Looks like I may be the only one who isn't blown away by this recipe. I tried it because it looked simple. Indeed, the end result did not quite taste like the crab bisque I usually have in restaurants. The only thing that made it taste like crab bisque was the sherry. I feel that it lacks something but still have not quite found out what it is lacking. I won't be trying this again.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux.
- Slowly add milk until it is well blended.
- Stirring constantly, add cheese and cook until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat and add seasonings, sherry, cream, and parsley.
- When mixture is thoroughly heated, add crab meat, stirring gently to keep lumps intact. Serve immediately in warm bowls and garnish with parsley.