Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I accidently added a can of clams the first time I made this and everyone loved it.
Make and share this Crab Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup salted cooking sherry
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash black pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat (5).
- Add flour and stir for about 5 minutes to make a thick roue.
- Add all remaining ingredients and heat to a simmer over medium-high heat (7) to avoid burning for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low (2) and heat for 5 - 10 minutes more.