Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, freshly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (a little more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in skillet. Add the green pepper, onion, scallion, parsley, mushrooms, and sauté until all vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- In another large sauce pan, melt the remaining butter.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add milk and cook until smooth and thick.
- Add salt, pepper, and the vegetable sauce from the skillet and the half and half. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir.
- Add the crabmeat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add sherry and stir.
- NOTE: You can sub crabmeat with lobster--using the same measurements as the above recipe. For shrimp--use 2 cups of small shrimp.** Great with a tiny layer of cheddar cheese on top or green tops from fresh chives--chopped.
This was o.k. To us it was missing somthing. We did omit the hot sauce.
This is yumy if you want to try something to knock your socks off try Crab Bisque