Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This crab bisque goes together quickly and tastes great! From the R. S. V. P. section of an April 1982 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It was requested from Cooper's Seafood House in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 quart milk, heated (4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables and saute until soft, about 8 minutes; do not brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add flour, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Cook 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Stir in parsley and seasonings.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add Mareira, crab and salt to taste and simmer 15 to 20 minutes; do not boil.
- If bisque is thicker than desired, stir in a little milk to thin; serve hot.