Leslie in Texas's Note:
This crab bisque goes together quickly and tastes great! From the R. S. V. P. section of an April 1982 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. It was requested from Cooper's Seafood House in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 medium onions, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, finely minced
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 quart milk, heated (4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add vegetables and saute until soft, about 8 minutes; do not brown.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add flour, whisking constantly until smooth.
- 4Cook 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- 5Stir in parsley and seasonings.
- 6Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- 7Add Mareira, crab and salt to taste and simmer 15 to 20 minutes; do not boil.
- 8If bisque is thicker than desired, stir in a little milk to thin; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.2
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 396.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: