Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is essentially dressed up canned cream soup, for those of us who like that sort of thing. No reason to spew hate.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Add crabmeat and wine; heat thoroughly.
This is the first time I've rated a recipe, but this was wonderful. I didn't have Cream of Aspargus, so used two cans of Cream of Mushroom (Healthy Choice). Used 1 1/2 cups fat free evaporated milk and 1 1/2 cups 1% milk. Added, sauted onions & celery, 1 tsp worchestershire sauce, 1/4 cup dry white wine and 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning. Topped each bowl with grated sharp chedder cheese. Served with rustic multigrain bread on a cold snowy day. What a hit!
This was really good, and was just what I was looking for, quick and easy but good. I think maybe I'd double the amount of crab, and I did add a little pepper after it was done, but that's just a personal taste, thanks for the recipe.
I am NOT a fan of canned soups, but every tedious bisque I have stumbled across has been far from impressive - nothing like the restaurant style crab bisque I've been searching for. Well, never judge a book from its cover, this recipe is wonderful! No need for additions or substitutions, I'll take mine as is!